Remember the Flying Burrito Brothers, the American country-rock band of…
Here are a few random facts about Guinness.
* * *
- This dark beer with the creamy texture was originally known as a porter (later stout porter) because of its relative strength and the fact it was popular among British porters — people who carry things for a living;
- Nearly half of the Guinness consumed in the world is done so in Africa. Nigeria is the second-largest drinker of Guinness consumption after Britain. Ireland is third. Canadians aren’t even on the map;
- Guinness is actually red, not black;
- In the mid-1700s, Art Guinness signed a lease with a landlord for the brewery for 9,000 years. Smart landlord, eh? WTF?;
- Guinness may not be a “meal in a can.” It actually has fewer calories than milk or orange juice;
- This is silly, but apparently the perfect pint of Guinness takes 119.5 seconds to pour. WTF x2?